Sour Cream Pie Crust
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup lard, chilled (Shortening)
- Combine sour cream, water, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cut butter and lard into the flour until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add sour cream mixture until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half and flatten into 2 discs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Once you are ready to bake, follow the instructions for the type of pie you are baking.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: enough dough for two crusts