Linguine with Clam Sauce aka Seaweed Macaroni
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 -2 cup clams, minced (either canned or fresh. If fresh, use 1-2 lbs)
- 1/2 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lb spaghetti/linguini
- If using fresh clams, rinse and soak in a pot of salted water for 10-15 minutes to help release the sand. Scrub and rinse thoroughly.
- Place clams in pot with about an inch of water bring to boil and then simmer covered for 10 minutes until clam shells open.
- You can remove the clam meat and mince but I like to leave a few in the shell for garnish.
- Heat oil and sauté chopped garlic for 2 minutes. Add juice, salt/pepper and parsley.
- Simmer about 8-10 minutes. Can be prepared up to this point. Meanwhile, cook pasta. When done, drain. Add clams to sauce and heat thoroughly.
- Spoon sauce over pasta. Add a generous amount of parmesan or Pecorino Romano. Toss. If it seems too dry, add some more bottled clam juice. Enjoy!!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings