Hans Morris’ Sticky Buns
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 3/4 cup Shortening/Butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 2 eggs eggs beaten
- 6 1/2 cups flour
Sticky Stuff Ingredients
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 tbsp unsalted butter- melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1). Combine boiling water, shortening, sugar and salt in a bowl, stir ‘til dissolved, cool to lukewarm.
- 2). Add yeast that has been dissolved in the ½ cup lukewarm water.
- 3). Add 1 cup of flour, mix ‘til a smooth thin batter. Cover and let rise 2 hours ‘til light and bubbly.
- 4). Add eggs and enough flour to make a soft but not sticky dough. Knead lightly on a floured surface and let rise in a greased, covered bowl(about 2 hours). Work down.
Sticky Stuff Directions
- 1). Sprinkle a greased 13x9 with the light brown sugar. Moisten with water and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- 2). Roll out dough into 12x8 rectangle. Brush with melted unsalted butter. Mix together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over butter and dough.
- 3). Roll dough and cut in 1/2” slices. Arrange slices on the sticky stuff.
- 4). Let rise for about an hour.
- 5). Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Flip immediately.
- Prep time: 3 + hours
- Cook time: 25- 30 minutes
- Total time: 3 hours & 30 minutes
Yield: 10 - 12 servings