- 4-5 medium-large zucchini
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Leeks
- 4 Ears of Corn
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 cup quinoa (I used Ancient Harvest Red Quinoa)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- A few sprigs of basil, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For the "stuffing," cook corn and remove from cob.
- Prepare Quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Saute over medium heat chopped leaks in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil until soft, add corn and tomatoes, chopped garlic until golden, add quinoa, basil, salt and pepper.
- Clean zucchini, cut in half crosswise then lengthwise.
- With the point of your knife, score the flesh into cubes and then scoop out and add to your stuffing mixture, continue to saute for a couple of minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Place zucchini shells in a baking dish with a little water, cover with tin foil and put in center of the oven for 10 minutes to "cook" the shells a little.
- Remove from oven, and carefully add stuffing to each zucchini shell, pressing stuffing in with the back of a spoon.
- Once stuffed, liberally sprinkle the top with cheese and return to oven for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve with a side salad and enjoy!
Yield: 8-10 servings