Steamed Baby Artichokes
- 12 baby artichokes, stem cut of, top trimmed and washed, and gently opened.
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In a large stock pot or sauté pan, place the artichokes. Add water until 1/3 of the artichoke I covered. Sprinkle the olive oil, making sure each artichoke gets a splash.
- Next sprinkle the garlic, also making sure each artichoke gets a little in it’s leaves and finish it off with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer on a low heat for 45 minutes or until leaves are tender.
- My step kids love to dip the leaves in melted butter with a hint of lemon juice.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour & 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings