Quinoa and Black Bean Burger
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and chopped coarsely
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped coarsely, use white and green parts
- 1 large can Eden Organic Black beans, rinsed (I like these because they are in BPA-free cans)
- 2 flax "eggs" whisk 1 Tbsp flax meal with 6 Tbsp water and place in fridge for a few minutes
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 - 1 cup breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper to Taste
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh if it’s summer or frozen. If frozen, no need to defrost)
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on package.
- In a food processor, start with the carrots and scallions and add the rest of the ingredient except the corn and coconut oil.
- When the quinoa is cooked add it to the processor.
- Place bean mixture in a bowl and mix in the corn.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Make the bean mixture into patties and sauté until golden on both side and warm all the way through.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8-10 patties