Linguine with Marinated Sea Scallops and Spinach
- 2 lbs. Sea Scallops
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbso Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Linguini (follow the directions on the package for quantity and cooking time)
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 4 Tbsp Minced Cilantro
- Mix together the ingredients for the marinade-olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, red pepper flakes, paprika and salt and pepper and pour over the scallops in a baking dish or zip lock bag. Place in the refrigerator for several hours.
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, heat water to a boil for the linguini while preparing the scallops and spinach. When the pasta water boils, add the pasta, cook and drain.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan and add scallops, searing them for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they begin to caramelize a bit on the outside. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Use the white wine and lemon juice to deglaze the pan used for searing the scallops, then add the 2 tablespoons of butter and the cilantro and spinach, cooking just until wilted(a couple minutes).
- Add the pasta to the pan with the spinach and mix together, adding in the seared scallops. Put in a serving bowl and enjoy!
- Prep time: 20 minutes + A few hours to Marinate
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 3+ hours
Yield: 4 servings