Jill Gernon’s Swiss Green Bean Casserole
- 1 can French’s Fried Onions
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 3 16 oz cans green beans, drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a casserole dish.
- Heat the butter and add your flour to make a roux. Once the flour is incorporated and thickening, turn to low heat and add sour cream.
- Then add the salt and sugar to complete the white sauce
- Layer green beans with Swiss cheese and two thirds of the fried onions in casserole dish, alternating layers.
- Pour white sauce over top. Bake 15 min or until bubbly.
- Bake 15 min or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle remaining fried onions and bake for another 5 min or until onions are golden.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6- 10 servings