Charity Kahn’s Super Duper Turkey Dressing Recipe
- 1 loaf white bread, cubed and toasted
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 1/2 sticks butter
- 1-2 tbsp sage (to taste)
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cube 1 loaf white bread and put on cookie sheet in low oven to dry.
- Cook chopped onions and chopped celery in butter until soft.
- Mix bread cubes, onion and celery in large bowl with salt pepper and sage. Use a lot of sage. I cannot tell you how much, but enough so you can see it on the bread without it looking black.
- Mix all together with enough hot water so that it holds—not soggy, not too dry. Pack tightly in turkey and hope for the best.
- Bake the first 15 minutes covered with aluminum foil and then remove foil for the remaining time prior to taking the stuffing out.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 -2 hours (depending on turkey)
- Total time: 1 hour & 20 minutes
Yield: 8- 10 servings