Eric William’s Granny’s Peach Cobbler
- 12 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-2 tbsp cornstarch (use 2 if peaches are really juicy)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk plus 1-2 Tbsp if necessary
- 1 cup candied ginger, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Toss the peaches with the lemon juice.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and then add to the peaches and toss until fully incorporated. Set aside and begin making the biscuits.
- Whisk first set of dry ingredients together. Add the butter and mix with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in buttermilk until batter hold together. This is where you may need little more buttermilk.
- Once the batter can be formed into a ball, place on a floured surface and roll dough out until it’s 3/4” thick.
- Take the chopped candied ginger and sprinkle on top of dough and then roll gently into dough until it’s ½” thick.
- With a biscuit cutter, stamp out your biscuits.
- In a buttered 9-inch pie plate add the peaches and then arrange your biscuits on top.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Place in middle of oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream, ice cream or all by itself and enjoy!
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings