Small Poultry Dish
About this Item
These small ceramic "baby chick" dishes are made in France by Revol. They are oven-proof and are the perfect accompaniement to the large "mother hen" roaster. They are also just plain fun - make custard in them or serve your chicken soup in them. They will make you smile
Sold individually, so order the exact quantity you need.
Available in 5 colors: White, Pepper Red, Lime Green, Aubergine, and Seychelles Yellow.
• the porcelain is fired at a high temperature for strength, durability, whiteness and shock-resistance.
• it warms slowly in the oven to maximize flavor and cools slowly on the table to keep the food hot while serving.
• the non-porous porcelain stays bacteria-free and is oven, microwave, dishwasher and freezer-safe.
• made with an environmentally-friendly manufacturing process from their own clay, recycling heat, wind, water and power.
• a favorite of Michelin-starred chefs
There is no question why we love Revol products. It is a company that was founded in 1789 in Rhone Valley, France and is still operated by the same family for 11 generations - talk about family tradition!! Here’s how it all began:
A WALK WITH DESTINY... FROM EARTHENWARE TO PORCELAIN
On a Sunday walk after a series of violent storms, two brothers, Joseph-Marie and François Revol, noticed some unusual white streaks. For these specialists, there was no doubt they had found a deposit of kaolin. The region was already producing the red sandstone used by potters and tile makers. The Revol brothers' discovery led to the manufacture of much harder-wearing white stoneware and to the establishment of the REVOL factory in Ponsas, later transferred to Saint-Uze. There followed a succession of stoneware and “terre d'acier” pottery. A few years later, the REVOL factory developed a non-porous formula that could be enameled in various colors, which went on to become the benchmark of fine porcelain.
Size: 6 x 4 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches
Weight: 7 lbs.