- 4 oz dried shitake mushrooms
- 7 cups water
- 2 Tbsp butter to saute mushrooms
- 1 maitake mushroom
- 1 lb oyster mushrooms
- 1/2 lb shitake mushrooms
- 1 stick + 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup shallots or onions
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup parmesan (grated)
- 1 Tbsp parsley (freshly chopped)
- 1/4 tsp fresh pepper
- salt to taste
- Put dried mushrooms in pot with 7 cups of water and bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until broth is a rich dark color.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add shallots and cook until tender.
- Stir in rice and stir until coated with oil about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and stir until the wine is cooked off and absorbed.
- Add the broth one ladle at time, stirring constantly until the broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth until rice is fluffy, tender and creamy.
- Next add the parmesan.
- And finally, sautéed mushrooms and parsley.
- Enjoy with a nice bottle of Murvieta Reserva from Rioja!!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 30 mintes
- Total time: 50-60 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings