- 2 large overgrown zucchini bats, cut in half lengthwise, meat removed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- cubed "meat" of zucchini
- 1 bunch Rainbow Swiss Chard
- 3-4 ears of corn kernels, cooked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp tarragon, minced
- 1 tbsp basil, minced Or any fresh herbs from your garden
- 2 cups Rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place your carved out zucchini shells in a baking dish with some water and cover with tin foil. Put in oven to cook while preparing your filling.
- Heat your olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Saute onions until soft.
- Add the zucchini “meat” and cook until soft.
- Next add your swiss chard and sauté until wilted.
- Add your corn, cherry tomatoes, herbs and rice. Mix well and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Remove the zucchini shells from oven and pour off most of the water that remains in the baking dish.
- Spoon the filling into the “boats” and scatter the cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve immediately as a side or as the main coarse with a tomato salad and ENJOY!!
- Prep time: 40 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings