Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Pasta
- 2 Whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast; cleaned and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 4 medium onions sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb Swiss Chard
- 1/2 lb Pasta (I use gluten-free)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes until onions are caramelized and chicken is golden.
- While the chicken is roasting, cut out the tree stem of the Swiss chard. Saute seperately until soft with a Tbsp of olive oil.
- Boil water for pasta, cook the pasta.
- Save a cup of pasta water and mix it with the leftover pieces of vegetables stuck to the parchment paper. This creates a glaze for the pasta to ensure that it will not dry out.
- Combine chicken and vegetables with the pasta, the pasta glaze, and the Swiss chard.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings