Risotto Cakes or Balls
- 2 cups leftover risotto
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cups parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- 2/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup corn meal/polenta
- 2-3 oz. mozzarella diced into 1/4” cubes
- Vegetable oil - enough to coat your frying pan with about 1/4” of oil; and to add oil, as needed to fry the rice balls
- Mix risotto, eggs, parmesan salt, pepper and parsley. Blend the bread crumbs and cornmeal together.
- Place the other 1/2 cup in a bowl to roll your rice balls. I like to make small, bite-sized balls.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop a heaping teaspoon and insert a mozzarella cube into middle, roll into ball between your hands to make a tidy ball and then roll into bread crumb/cornmeal mixture.
- Once done, heat oil over medium-high heat but monitor it as you go.
- Add the rice balls, cook until golden brown on all sides, remove onto a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot, warm or room temperature and ENJOY
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 generous dinner servings or 6 side servings.