- 4 Eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 (13 ounce) Jar Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Lightly beat eggs with vanilla in a small bowl.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar with a hand mixer in a large bowl until fluffy. At low-to-medium speed gradually beat in egg mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture in batches, beating at low speed. Spread 1/3 of batter in prepared loaf pan, then spread 1/2 of Nutella on top.
- Lightly swirl Nutella into batter but be careful not to over mix.
- Bake cake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes. Then remove from pan and let cool for another 2 hours on a wire rack.
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total time: 4 hours
Yield: 10 servings