Kale and Cannellini Bean Soup
- 2 Bunches Italian Kale
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Vidalia Onions
- 2-3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 8-10 Carrots
- 8-10 Celery Stalks
- 1/2 cup White Wine (whatever you have around)
- 1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon or 3-4 Vegetable Bouillon Cubes- Better Than Bouillion; Vegetable Base (8 oz)
- 1 29 oz Can I suggest Eden Foods Cannellini Low Fat White Kidney Beans -- 15 oz
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- Rinse kale and remove the stems, leaving in large pieces. Boil water in a large saucepan and blanch the kale for about one minute. Keep the water from the blanching to add into the soup later.
- Coarsely chop the celery and carrots and chop the garlic and onions slightly finer. Large chunks are okay!
- In a stockpot heat the olive oil and add the onion. Sauté a few minutes until soft and then add in the carrots and celery and chopped garlic.
- Cook together until the carrots and celery are beginning to soften and the garlic is aromatic. Add in the wine and cook down for a couple minutes.
- Meanwhile add 1 Tablespoon Better than Bouillon or 3-4 Bouillon cubes to the kale water and stir until dissolved.
- Chop the blanched kale into smaller pieces.
- Add the beans, the kale stock, the bay leaf and the sherry vinegar into the vegetables and wine and heat until everything warmed through.
- Add the chopped kale right at the end and heat just until it is warm (so it doesn’t get mushy).
- Mince the fresh herbs and use as a garnish on each bowl. Enjoy with some crusty Italian bread!