Heart Healthy Muffins
- 4 cups low fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup walnut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups oat bran flakes
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 5 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat flour
- 2-2 1/2 cups blueberries (it’s really as many as you want)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix buttermilk, eggs, oil, brown sugar and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Then, add oat bran flakes and oats and mix well. Stir in the blueberries by hand (not with electric mixer).
- lightly grease your cupcake tin, or use cupcake liners. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 15- 20 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes