Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 2 bags chocolate chips (dark or milk chocolate)
- 1 bag Pretzel logs
- Chopped nuts for garnish, optional
- Colored nonpareils, for garnish, optional
- Sprinkles, for garnish, optional
- Coconut, for garnish, optional
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over medium heat on stove top.
- Using tongs, or your fingers, quickly dip pretzels in chocolate, allowing the excess to run off.
- Place dipped pretzels on waxed paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts, colored sugars or other toppings.
- Allow to harden. You may need to refrigerate for a while to help this along.
- Once hardened, remove from sheets and store in a cool location, with waxed paper between layers.
- Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 20 gift baggies