Alice’s Moroccan Carrots
- 18-24 baby carrots with 1/4 in. stem attached, scrubbed, and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 tsp paprika, hot or mild
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Pinch Cayenne
- 2 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Combine the carrots, garlic, and pinch of salt in a large sauté pan.
- Add water to cover, bring to a boil, and simmer briskly over medium heat until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the carrots to a nonreactive dish large enough to hold them without overlapping too much.
- Toss with the cumin, paprika, cinnamon, and cayenne. Add the lemon juice, oil, and parsley, toss again, and set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- May be refrigerated for up to 3 days, holding out the parsley until just before serving.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 3-4 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour & 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 6