Monday January 06, 2014
I am back – where did 2013 go?
It’s funny how life has a way of guiding us. We make our big plans. We set our intentions. And I bet many of you think I have forgotten to blog or even abandoned my efforts. Well, life happens and intentions get set aside. But at the core of that statement is life happens…
What many of you may or may not know, Heirloom Meals is my passion. It has yet to produce any income. It’s been a consumer of capital and I have been working as an interior decorator and real estate broker to fund my dream. What I haven’t done is integrate all the things I do. Like, for instance, why not share with you what I am doing, how I am building Heirloom Meals. What’s working. What’s not. And why not share with you my amazing interior projects and the kitchens and baths and interior spaces that I create for my clients. It’s what makes me, well, me. I realized through a lot of soul searching that I compartmentalize. Shut down. Deliver to you only part of me. You get the part that’s all love, all passion. I make it look easy. Put morsels of my life that are dreamy, beautiful, and peaceful out into the world.
But life is messy. You set off on your path and you veer off course. Or are you really off course? 2013 delivered 2 amazing decorating jobs/clients. (I promise to show and tell in a future post!!) And it delivered 2 big real estate transactions. I. AM. BLESSED. It also had its challenging aspects. I dealt with betrayal, disappointment, family dog dying, a sick horse, and many other things that I can barely even remember, and nor do I want to remember. Memory does an amazing job of forgetting the bad stuff and keeping the positive things front and center.
So as I round into 2014 and think about “life happening” and what’s next? It appears that I will continue to fire on all cylinders. My mantra for the year is to give myself full permission to be me, and that means giving my readers, listeners and fans all of me. Here’s a glimpse of what’s on tap:
- I am attending the Realscreen Conference in Washington, DC January 26-29th – the theme is unscripted television (that’s what Heirloom Meals is) and most of the major cable networks will be there. Wish me luck!!
- I am attending Debbie Phillip’s Women on Fire Retreat in Naples Florida 2/28-3/1.
- I am working on my book proposal.
- Re-vamping the online store to carry only Heirloom Meals designed artisan products
- Get more guest bloggers writing my Saturday blog post
- Recording weekly interviews for my NPR radio show – got a recipe and a story – I would love to help tell your story.
- Doing monthly cooking demos on Newschannel 13 in Albany NY
- I am taking a fencing class
- I am finishing up the design and décor of a 13-bedroom high-end drug and alcohol rehab in the Berkshires of western Massachusetts called CMC Berkshires. It is essentially a healing hotel.
- Blog more/daily if I can
- Practice Qigong everyday
- Practice gratitude everyday
- Smile with my heart and be love.
…..And so much more….
Wishing everyone a year full of love, joy, and peace. And please let me know what you are doing!!